Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Light A Candle!

Spanky
1995 - 2003
“One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.” 
– Buddha
A few months back I heard cover of Neil Young's
Heart Of Gold.
It was a version by Passenger.
The video was an emotional viewing for me.
I did find my "Heart of Gold".
Fifteen years ago, today, we bade "adios" to Spanky.
It was a day filled with her favourite things...
restaurant patio time and finally eating that tuna sandwich...
pizza at the ballpark...
and a walk on the beach .
September 5, 2003 was not to be the end of her story...

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
 and the life of that candle will not be shortened"

.... on December 14, 2003 that first candle was lit.
The Spanky Project was born with the goal of..
"Helping Cubans help their animals"
“Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.” 

... she gave me that purpose!


May Spanky's legacy carry on ... well beyond my years.



Donate Now Through CanadaHelps.org!

No comments: